Engage. Learn. Take Action.
Engage and learn from thought leaders who will lead you through topics and trends that are critical and most popular in education today. Each series is succinct, to the point, and filled with strategies and tools that can be implemented immediately. Take action today!
PLC Learning Academy offers live webinar sessions and access to archived sessions. Our webinar series provide you with exclusive access to highly regarded experts and thought leaders in the education field. All of our webinar series address timely and relevant topics like student ownership and engagement, school reform, and leadership and instructional strategies. We archive each webinar so you can receive your professional development on-demand.
Live Webinar Series:
- Interact with experts and thought leaders
- Ask questions and receive feedback
- Receive coaching directly from thought leaders*
- Provided resources and handouts
- Require pre-registration and payment
- Access to the archived series and materials for one-year term
- Provides on-demand learning
- Continued learning at your own pace
- Provided resources and handouts
- Requires pre-payment
- Access to purchased series for one-year term
Upcoming Series. Register Now.
The first session begins on May 11th, from 11:30am – 12:25pm ET
High-Quality, Student-Centered Online Instruction.
Our schools still have over 8 weeks of instruction and learning left. Let’s make the most of it!
As educators, we are now in a major shift to remote learning. Whether we are utilizing synchronistic learning or asynchronistic learning or a balance of both, we need to quickly update and refine our skill sets. We will cover explicit strategies and ideas for student and teacher self-reflection, feedback models, creative assignments, student assessment, and discuss ways to stay connected to our students.
These are “how-to” sessions! Focused on online, standards-based, student-centered learning…
- Create an online environment for student-centered learning to thrive
- Enhance and transform the learning process
- Build student skills, supporting social-emotional health and teacher/student connections
- Choose and use appropriate technology applications
- Create clear expectations, guided practice and exploration
- Use data regularly to identify each student’s learning needs
Session 1 begins with a look at: Transforming Learning.
Purchase this series for your team!
Exactly How to Improve Graduation Rates for Young Men of Color
The Work and Research of Dr. Marck Abraham
This five-part series captures the research, Dr. Marck Abraham, has completed on improving results for young males of color.
This series is full of power-packed strategies for increasing graduation rates for men of color, and actually all students!
We encourage secondary administrators, superintendents and assistant superintendents, counselors and school-based leadership teams, to participate.
This series covers five critical topics:
- On Time, On Track – The March to Graduation
- We Care- The Culture of Success
- Relevant, Responsive Curricula- Get It Right
- Building Not Breaking- Change Your Words…Communicating with Men of Color
- Every Student Has a Voice- Make it Happen!
A thought leader in education, Dr. Marck Abraham has completed extensive research on improving results for men of color. He has recently authored several articles and publications, completed his dissertation in this area and will be publishing his book, What Success Looks Like for Men of Color this fall.
Dr. Abraham and his company, MEA Consultants, in partnership with Penny Ciaburri of PLC Associates, Inc. have teamed up to create and deliver this game-changer for your district and school!